The fader box
UC44 as big brother of the UC4 is a universal controller for all kinds of midi controllable
hard- and software.
The all-rounder has 8 push-encoders each with a 2-digit-display, 16 faders (60mm) and 35 buttons.
The encoders (with detents) are switchable to 32 groups which allows to control a total amount of 512 control parameters.
Various kinds of midi commands like program change, pitchbend, aftertouch and control change in relative and absolute mode with different acceleration amounts and min/max values are possible. All these properties are fully programmable on the devices very fast and easy for each control separately.
The encoders can work as high resolution 14bit controllers too (control change or pitchbend) which makes them suitable for sensitive parameters like resonating filter cutoffs or similar things.
Use the internal 8 setups to save your individual settings.
Backup and restore of all settings by sysex dumps are possible too.
The factory settings are perfect to control music and video software products out of the box if they are freely assignable. So any additional device programming isn’t necessary for many applications.
The flat box is also a great extension for your Ableton Live setup.
There you can control all the continuous parameters like track volumes, rack macros, send amounts and switchable parameters like clip launch, mute and track select. A special control surface script for Ableton Live 8/9 with all necessary mappings to control 16 tracks simultaneously is enclosed in the package.
Check out this amazing power box and you will get a reliable mate...
- Universal controller for all kinds of midi controllable hard- and software
- Control surface script for Live 8/9 is shipped with the controller
- USB interface with bus powering
- class compliant / no driver necessary (consumption < 300mA)
- MIDI in and out ports with routing and merge functionality
- 8 push encoders with detents (resolution about 30 pulses)
- Encoder push buttons can send commands (fully programmable)
- 32 buttons with LED for switchable parameters
- 8 x 2-digit-display to show encoder values and programming data
- 14 bit high resolution encoder mode for sensitive parameters
- Programmable value ranges with min/max values
- Data feedback for encoders and faders avoid value jumps
- All controls (incl. push buttons) fully programmable in the device by channel, type, number, mode
- Different command types like control change (CC), pitch bend, aftertouch, program change,notes
- Advanced programming functions like copy, paste and group sets
- 32 independent groups for encoders
- 2 independent groups for faders/buttons
- About 608 commands per setup
- 8 setups with backup/restore function contain all controller settings
- Upgradable firmware by simple Sysex-dump
- Very compact and solid design in a silver metal casing (size 290x220x55 mm, weight 1.6 kg)
- PC or Mac with a free USB port (1.0 or higher) or any USB hub
- MIDI device with standard midi in/out ports
- USB power adapter (5V min 300mA) if you want to control only midi gear
- Manual (english PDF)
- Bedienungsanleitung (deutsch PDF)
- Quick start guide (english PDF)
- Schnellstartanleitung (deutsch PDF)
- Ableton Live Control surface script for Live 8/9/10 (packed in ZIP-file)
- Pictures (JPG) packed in ZIP-file
- Midi adaptor cable Type B for connection between device and other midi gear (one piece is enclosed)
- Special Midi cable for connection between 4th gen micromodul and solid control devices
- USB Power adaptor like this (amazon uk / amazon germany) for powering without USB host connection
- Update instructions (english PDF)
- Update Anleitung (deutsch PDF)
- Latest Firmware UC44 Version 02.02 (UC44 V0202.SYX) ! read update instructions first !
- Addendum UC44 Manual Version 02.01 (english PDF)
- Addendum UC44 Bedienungsanleitung Version 02.01 (deutsch PDF)
- Older Firmware UC44 Version 01.00 (UC44 V0100.SYX) ! read update instructions first !
- Older Firmware UC44 Version 02.01 (UC44 V0201.SYX) ! read update instructions first !