EC4 - Encoder controller
EC4 is a universal controller for all kinds of MIDI controllable hard- and software.
The all-rounder has 16 gridless push-encoders, 7 function buttons and a large OLED-display.
Encoders are switchable to 16 groups that allow controlling a total of 256 control parameters per setup. The display shows the current values of all controls or editable encoder/group/setup names.
Various kinds of MIDI commands are possible, like program change, pitch bend, aftertouch, NRPN, and control change in relative and absolute mode with different acceleration amounts. All these properties are easily and efficiently programmable on the device, allowing personalized customisation for each separate control.
The encoders can work as high resolution 14bit controllers too (NRPN, control change or pitch bend). This makes them suitable for sensitive parameters like resonating filter cutoffs, etc.
Use the internal 16 setups to save your individual settings. Backup and restore of all settings by SysEx dumps are possible too.
The factory settings are perfect to control music and
video software products out of the box.
Thus, any additional device programming isn’t necessary for many applications.
The little box is also a great extension for your Ableton Live setup. There you can control all the continuous parameters like track volumes, rack macros, send amounts, and track pannings. A special control surface script for Ableton Live, including all necessary mappings, is enclosed in the package.
Working with this amazing power box will prove to you that it is a
reliable, and invaluable asset to your productions...
Editor helps to program and save your EC4 setups
- Universal controller for all kinds of midi controllable hard- and software
- iPad compatible
- Control surface script for Ableton Live is shipped with the controller
- USB interface - class compliant / bus powered / no driver necessary (consumption < 500mW)
- MIDI in and out ports by 3.5mm minijack sockets type B with routing and merge functionality
- 16 gridless push encoders - resolution = 36 pulses per revolution
- Encoder push buttons can send separate commands
- 4 x 20 character OLED-display to show control values (numeric/bar), names and programming data
- Names for encoders, groups and setups are editable (4 characters per name)
- 14 bit high resolution encoder mode for sensitive parameters
- Programmable value ranges with min/max values
- Data feedback avoid value jumps
- All encoders fully programmable in the device by channel, type, number, mode, name etc.
- Different command types like control change (CC), pitch bend, NRPN, program change and notes
- Advanced programming functions like copy, paste and fill
- 16 independent groups per setup for 16 encoders (256 commands per setup)
- Learn function for fast assignment to incoming MIDI commands
- 16 setups with backup/restore function contain all controller settings incl. names
- Very compact design in a black
casing (180x105x70 mm, 350 g)
- PC or Mac with a free USB port (1.0
or higher) or a USB hub (connection by inclosed USB cable)
- iPad with iOS5 or higher (connection by apples camera connection kit)
- MIDI device with standard midi in port (5pin DIN socket connection by enclosed adapter cable)
- USB power adapter (5V min 100mA) if you want to control only midi gear
- Midi adaptor cable Type B for connection between device and other midi gear (one piece is enclosed)
- Special Midi cable for connection between 4th gen device
- Manual (english PDF)
- Bedienungsanleitung (deutsch PDF)
- Quick start guide (english PDF)
- Ableton Live Control surface script for Live 11...
- Update instructions (english PDF)
- Update Anleitung (deutsch PDF)
- Latest Firmware EC4 Version 01.01 (EC4 V0101.SYX) ! read update instructions first !
- Update history (english PDF)
- Older Firmware EC4 Version 01.00 (EC4 V0100.SYX) ! read update instructions first ! Videos
- 299 Euro (incl. VAT)
- 251 Euro (excl. VAT)